In this case, the bones will become fragile and spongy with age. The quality and strength of the bones are lost, which increases the risk of fractures. Even if you have any cough problems, you may have a fracture. Bones are made of calcium, and when the body needs energy, it causes bones to reshape to produce energy, so bones become porous and fragile in this case. In most cases, this situation starts at the age of 50, but it varies among different races. This is more common among Asian women. Most osteoporosis starts in women aged 35-45, because calcium depletion starts at this age. Many people all over the world suffer from osteoporosis.
Signs and symptoms:
1. The pain starts in the bones, mainly in the back of the body
2. Fractures are more common
3. The cramps mainly start in the lower area
4. The body is generally weak
5. Reduce body mass
6. Due to the compression of the disc, the height of the body becomes smaller
7. Changes in body posture
Causes and risk factors of osteoporosis:
1. Among young people, the body makes bones faster than old people. The bone mass of the body reaches its peak at the age of 30. After this age, the process slows down and bone mass decreases with age.
2. There are risk factors for osteoporosis, some of which can be changed, and some are unchangeable. Among the unchangeable risk factors, sex is the most important factor because it is more common in women. Compared with African Americans, it is common among whites and Asians. Family history is important in osteoporosis. Obesity is one of the risk factors for osteoporosis.
3. Hormone levels in the body affect the activity of osteoporosis. If your sex hormone levels are low, then you have a greater chance of suffering from osteoporosis, which means that if you have low testosterone levels in your body due to any disease, then you are at greater risk of osteoporosis. Thyroid levels in the body can also cause osteoporosis in some people.
4. Some dietary changes are related to the development of osteoporosis. If your calcium intake is low compared to your body's needs, the calcium you need will be obtained from your bones.
5. Any type of gastrointestinal surgery will reduce the surface area for nutrient absorption, thereby reducing the absorption of calcium and other minerals. It may cause osteoporosis. Smoking and drinking alcohol can cause osteoporosis
6. A variety of diseases are also related to osteoporosis, such as inflammatory bowel disease, any kidney and liver disease, and cancer.
Management and treatment:
The best treatment for this disease is exercise, because it can make bones stronger and correct body posture. Exercise can strengthen our immune system and help prevent many diseases in the body. Quitting smoking and restricting alcohol can also help prevent osteoporosis. Several drugs are used to treat osteoporosis, including bisphosphonates (ibandronate, risedronate). These drugs increase bone density to a certain extent. Denosumab is also used to increase bone density. Hormone replacement therapy is used for this, especially for women after menopause, it can help maintain bone density.
Complications of osteoporosis:
All complications are related to bones. Your physical activity declines because you cannot bear the weight of your body, which leads to weight gain. Due to lack of physical activity, it can cause people to suffer from heart disease and diabetes. Lack of physical exercise can also lead to depression. Permanent pain in the back of the body begins.